We are looking for an Associate Scientist to join the Cell Line Development department at a world leading CRO in Porto, Portugal!
As an Associate Scientist, you will be involved with the planning, design, execution for the experiments, data analysis and interpretation, preparation of reports and communication to the clients and undertake mentoring and direct supervision of team members to guide them in CLD procedures and new processes implementations.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated candidate with strong understanding and experience in cell line development platforms for antibody production or other protein biologics and support on the execution of cell line development for preclinical and clinical development projects:
- PhD in Biology, Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or related discipline, or Master’s degree in relevant discipline with > 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in suspension CHO/HEK cell line development platform; Vector design/Cloning; Stable and transient transfections; Single cell cloning; Clone selection (ELISA/Octet); Research Cell Banking (RCB) generation; Stability Assessment Studies; Genetic characterization methods (ddPCR, qPCR)
- Experience in leading projects or project sub-teams and/or managing contract research relationships
- Self-motivated with excellent organization, time-management, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as member of a team and adhere to timelines
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Proactive with problem-solving aptitude
- The ability to work independently and actively collaborate within and across teams
- Excellent command of the English language
- Familiarity with any of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience in process development with application for upstream techniques to pilot and into manufacturing (feed batch optimization; single use bioreactors)
- Experience working with a range of different molecules (mAbs, bispecifics, complex proteins)
- Experience in project report generation to support IND filling
- Experience to work under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
Send your CV to Khanyi Mabena at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her on +31 2020 44502.