In this role, you have the opportunity to develop complex mechatronic solutions for our grooming and beauty products from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team. Together with a multi-disciplinary team, you design, verify, and validate the multi-disciplinary functions, including required modules/parts, towards the final technical product implementation.
In your daily activities you are part of a multidisciplinary project team consisting of e.g. system engineers, function development engineers, application research specialists, electronic and mechanical engineers. You are an excellent hands-on engineer with a broad multi-disciplinary technological background and a proactive team player. You are able to break down complex tasks into solid and efficient development logic. You show leadership to meet your personal and business goals and are a strong communicator.
You are responsible for:
- Developing state-of-the-art innovative solutions for grooming and beauty appliances, i.e. shavers, trimmers, clippers, body-groomers, one-blades, epilators and IPL devices from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
- Responsible for development, realization and/or verification of (sub-)systems of mass-producible products
- Steering the development logic towards realization by following the v-model
- Translating user and business requirements into product requirements;
- Managing product requirements and lead DFMEA’s;
- Detailed design, check and optimization of mechatronic (sub-)systems,
- Components and processes suitable for mass-production
- Ensuring high quality verification evidence that the (sub-)system and parts fulfill
- Function(s) and requirements under all load-cases;
- Realize and release multi-disciplinary solutions (including parts and sub-assemblies) for mass production;
- Depending on the team role leading and/or influencing cross-functional team of engineers within the projects, e.g. steer a multi-disciplinary product development team,
- Plan own and team development activities and manage cross functional aspects;
- Managing stakeholders within and beyond own team, e.g. project managers, quality, development leads;
- Explore innovations to expand our product portfolio with new propositions towards connected and personalized solutions.
- Creation and capturing/archiving of fundamental knowledge.
- Support continuous improvement to bring the mechatronics development group to a higher level.
- Above responsibilities will be tailored towards your strengths and ambition
You are a part of:
You will be part of the Mechatronic Development Engineering team that consists about 15 enthusiastic development engineers. Your activities will be carried out in a multidisciplinary project team.
You will be in touch with a broad variety of (international) stakeholders. You will report into the Mechatronic Engineering Group Leader.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the following:
- MSc. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
- 4 years proven experience R&D area, preferably in multi-disciplinary product design for mass-production.
- Proven experience in technological leadership on multi-disciplinary (sub-)system level incl. product verification.
- Experience in Systems Engineering: Defining product requirements, system decomposition down to part level, high level product design, optimization, and verification. Knowledge about MBSE is a pré.
- Very good understanding of state-of-the-art development techniques and testing.
- Strong knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and you are familiar with the mass manufacturability aspects (mold / assembly tooling design).
- Excellent hands-on engineer with broad technological interest and knowledge .
- Quality driven - experience with Design for Six Sigma (i.e. being DFSS GB/BB certified) is a plus.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, highly motivated and have individual possessing hands-on capabilities.
Interested? Send me your CV at email@example.com or call +31202044502 for more info.