Job Title: Expert Scientist - In-Process Analytics of mRNA-Based Vaccines
Location: Belgium Walloon region
About the Job
The Cell and Viral Drug Substance team of our client is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Scientist to join the mRNA Drug Substance Development Unit and play a pivotal role in shaping the next generation of mRNA vaccine platforms for the rapid development of new vaccine candidates.
- Utilizing your in-depth knowledge of nucleic acid research to develop, implement, and troubleshoot in-process analytical methods (content, process- and product-related impurities) for the clinical and commercial manufacturing of mRNA.
- Collaborating with the In-Process Analytics or Analytical Development teams to develop fit-for-purpose assays that further strengthen our process understanding.
- Effectively liaising and coordinating with cross-functional teams (Analytical Development, In-Process Analytics, External partners) to contribute to the development and integration of our next-generation mRNA platform workflows within the broader global platform.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of best practices and advancements in mRNA technology, analytical methodologies, and regulatory guidance to support project documentation and accelerated CMC submissions.
- Guiding and mentoring colleagues in the use and development of the assays you have created.
- PhD in bio-engineering, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, or equivalent, or a Master's degree in one of these fields.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' (if PhD) or 5-8 years' (if Master's) hands-on experience in developing nucleic acid characterization methods, including fluorescent-based assays, RT-qPCR, ddPCR, hybridization technique, electrophoresis-based techniques, and HPLC/UPLC.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in complex problem-solving through critical thinking and applying knowledge gained through formal education, experience, and sound judgment.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven experience in effectively managing stakeholders in tight timelines.
- Experience with Quality by Design (QbD) with a demonstrated ability to develop fit-for-purpose high-throughput in-process analytics to support process development for biologics.
- Knowledge of the relationship between mRNA structure and function.
- Hands-on experience with advanced Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) techniques.
- Broad understanding of analytical development workflows required for CMC support.
If you possess these qualifications and are passionate about contributing to the development of innovative mRNA-based vaccines, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge drug discovery projects that have the potential to make a significant impact on human health
- Collaborative and stimulating work environment with a strong focus on innovation
- Chance to work with a team of talented and passionate scientists from around the world
Interested? Contact Capucine at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.