Development Engineer Mechatronics
Together with a multi-disciplinary team, you design and validate the mechatronic functions, including required modules/parts, towards the final technical product implementation.
You are part of a multidisciplinary development team consisting of e.g. system engineers, function development engineers, application research specialists, electronic and mechanical engineers. You are an excellent hands-on engineer with a broad technological background and a proactive team player. You show leadership to meet your personal and business goals and are a strong communicator.
You are responsible for developing innovative solutions for grooming and beauty appliances, i.e. shavers, trimmers, clippers, body-groomers, one-blades, epilators from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
- Creating high quality mechatronic designs, according specification and which are mass producible;
- Influencing a multi-disciplinary team of product engineers and developers within projects, e.g. steer a multi-disciplinary product development team and manage cross functional aspects;
- Managing and defining product and element requirements, lead DFMEAs and follow the v-model methodology;
- Release solutions including components and sub-assemblies for mass production;
- Lead ideation sessions, drive concept creation and decision making;
- Proof that the developed solutions fulfills the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (via e.g. calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, prototyping and testing);
- Planning and prioritizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts able to work via agile approach;
- Identifying gaps and implement improvements to bring the mechatronics development group to a higher level.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering,
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years work experience in mechatronic product design for mass production
- Solid understanding of mechanical and mechatronic design principles incl, design for injection molding
- Experience with working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer
- Experience in state-of-the-art development techniques, CAD (NX) and FEA (Ansys); knowledge on the design of mechatronic solutions including manufacturability aspects
- Broad multi-disciplinary technological interest and knowledge.
- Quality driven - experience with Design for Six Sigma (i.e. being greenbelt certified) is a plus;
- Conceptual mindset and the ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- Determination in decision making and independence;
- Ambitious and leadership talent
Interested? Send your CV to Daria at email@example.com or call +31202044502 for more info.