Senior Function Development Leader
In this challenging and exciting position, you will be working in our Coffee appliances team consisting of functional departments responsible for marketing, design, product research, function development, architecture, mechanical and electronic development.
In this role, you have the opportunity to ensure the success of multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovative technical solutions for coffee machines.You are responsible for translating consumer and business needs into technical solutions and innovative products.
As a Function Development Leader you are:
- Taking the technical lead in the development of new functions in multi-disciplinary project teams of marketing, design and innovation professionals and liaising closely with Versuni partners and supply base
- Translating consumer needs into business propositions in conjunction with the marketing, consumer research and supply organization
- Translating commercial, functional and aesthetic product requirements into technical concepts and solutions
- Responsible for delivering new functions against required performance, cost price, quality and safety targets
- Responsible for demonstrating the manufacturability of the innovation
- Supporting the business in the definition of the innovation strategy
- Driving continuous improvement of our ways of working
- Supporting individual team members in their professional development
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Engineering background: Master’s degree in technical domain study, for example Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Mechatronics or similar major;
- Proven track record in development of new functionality for consumer products for at least 5 years or two complete product development cycles (pre-development and realization);
- Creative mindset to identify, develop and assess new ideas, opportunities and technologies.
- · Knowledge of Design Thinking Process ( Brainstorming, Mindmapping, Sketchstorming ) with the ability to facilitate brainstorming and ideation activities and distilling outcomes to identify credible ideas that could results in future products and solutions .
- Researching and tracking latest scientific and engineering advancements in technology areas identified as strategical relevant for Coffee appliances.
- Utilizing current skills , technical Knowledge , and experience and what has learnt about new technology to identify and develop opportunities for innovation.
- A solid understanding of technical novelty and how it should be intellectually protected, proven previous IP is a plus
- Strong analytical & conceptual thinking, along with a systematic approach towards problem solving;
- Drive for quality yet with pragmatic and ‘can do’ mindset, able to operate in a dynamic environment;
- Good communication skills in English both verbally and written
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma and Black belt certification is a plus.
NOTE: Hybrid working, minimum 2 to 3 days in the office in Drachten.
Could it be you? Email me your CV at email@example.com or call +31202044502