Trade Compliance Specialist
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Trade Compliance Specialist to join an innovative Medical Device company in Belgium.
In his role you will be a part of the global planning department and responsible for co-ordination and execution of all activities to ensure full availability of raw materials within a challenging clinical environment. Responsible for driving trade compliance excellence in adherence to applicable EU, Belgian and US regulations pertaining to global trade as well as ensuring compliance with corporate policies.
- Driving trade compliance activities within the team, on site and globally
- Execute routine trade compliance transactions and escalate exceptions
- Driving projects from start to finish with regards to Brexit legislation, EU policy changes, and others.
- Internal (Sourcing, Procurement, Regulatory Affairs, Quality) and external stakeholder management
- Manage export and import shipments and maintain filing systems to manage records
- Ensure compliant, timely, and cost-effective imports and exports
- Bachelors or Master’s degree with a focus in Chemistry, or Logistics/Supply Chain
- 0 - 3 years’ experience in a similar field
- Experience in Compliance within trade is preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Aptitude for research and investigative work
- Customer Service skills and experience desired
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize
- Strong communication skills and willing to excel
- High degree of flexibility with the ability to respond to changing priorities is important
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Start date: ASAP
End date: 31/12/2021 with extension highly likely
Location: Geel, Belgium