System Designer / Architect
Expert who leads the company into new systems and functions for in-ear (audio) devices
For one of our high-tech clients we are looking for a System Designer / Architect to join their R&D team on the development of high-end audio components
The company is extending its product portfolio form traditional Hardware components for the Hearing Aid market to more intelligent modules where both Hardware and Software make the product. Furthermore the company targets not only the Hearing Aid market but also the high-end, In-ear audio devices in the Consumer Electronics market. For both markets the company needs to also understand the customer architecture and interfaces to develop the right systems and components, while still building on its core value of optimum size and power consumption. Therefore the company is strengthening the team to take on this new challenge.
- Define and architect the next generation low-power ear solutions; combining Software, Hardware and Packaging requirements
- Determine hardware/software trade-offs for key features and requirements, defining most optimal system implementation.
- Specify the hardware and software
- Create the project plan with the main knowledge to be created and the decisions to take, leading to product definition
- Assess development efforts, cost, risks, benefit, etc. for the system to support decision making
- Effectively work with internal teams as well as external partners to develop these subsystems.
- Understands finer details of customer architectures, road-maps, likely evolution of said architectures
- Propose the best technical solutions to improve the fit between the company products and their Customer products.
- Drive domain expertise
- Contribute to Intellectual Property
We are looking for a technically skilled System Designer / Architect, a senior professional who has the capability to lead Sonion into new system and functions for in-ear (audio) devices.
- Solid academic technical education, such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or alike
- 10+ years of working experience in system design with elements as Sensors, Actuators, DSP’s. Focus is more on the hardware, though some understanding of software/algorithms is beneficial
- Experienced in direct customer cooperation
- Excellent understanding of (defining) technical success criteria for to-be-developed products. Finding overlap between technical possibilities and the (unspoken) market needs
- Experienced in leading projects internally from a technical perspective
- You are analytical and are skilled with a helicopter view, know how to influence stakeholders and show entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to handle larger amount of technical uncertainty
- Good presentation and communication skills in both verbal and written English
For more information get in contact with Ivor Duif (Senior Consultant R&D) via email@example.com or +3120 20 44 502.