System Designer / Architect
We are looking for an expert who leads the company into new systems and functions for miniature audio devices!
Our client is extending its product portfolio from traditional Hardware components for the audio market to more intelligent modules where both Hardware and Software make the product. Furthermore the company targets not only the hearing aid market but also the high-end, In-ear audio devices in the Consumer Electronics market. For both markets they need to also understand the customer architecture and interfaces to develop the right systems and components, while still building on its core value of optimum size and power consumption. Therefore they are strengthening the team to take on this new challenge.
- Define and architect the next generation low-power ear solutions; combining Software, Hardware and Packaging requirements
- Determine hardware/software trade-offs for key features and requirements, defining most optimal system implementation.
- Specify the hardware and software
- Assess development efforts, cost, risks, benefit, etc. for the system to support decision making
- Effectively work with internal teams as well as external partners to develop these subsystems.
- Collaborate with tier 1 customers, marketing, design, software and applications teams.
- Understands finer details of customer architectures, road-maps, likely evolution of said architectures
- Propose the best technical solutions to improve the fit between the company products and our Customer products.
- Drive domain expertise
- Contribute to Intellectual Property
We are looking for a technically skilled System Designer / Architect, a senior professional who has the capability to lead the company into new system and functions for in-ear (audio) devices.
- Technical education in Physics, Electronics or related field at Master or PhD level;
- 7-10 years of working experience in system design with elements as Sensors, Actuators, DSP’s, Packaging Technologies, Analog and Mixed Signal IC’s, Software/Firmware, and Interface requirements;
- Previous experience working on smart microphone DSP / ASICs is a nice to have;
- Excellent understanding of technical success criteria for products and services
- Experienced in leading projects internally;
- You are analytical and are skilled with a helicopter view, know how to influence stakeholders and show entrepreneurial spirit;
- Good presentation and communication skills in both verbal and written English;
- Able to handle larger amount of technical uncertainty;
Equally important to your knowledge and experience is the personality you bring. We need someone who is social, hands-on, proactive, eager to learn and result driven. You can interact effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds.
Interested to know more? Get in contact with Ivor Duif (Senior Consultant R&D) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +3120 20 44 502.