As a Sustaining Engineer you are responsible for giving support, improve and maintain the production process within the Sustaining Engineering Department Factory Best. You are responsible for writing and maintaining work instructions for manufacturing processes.
- Writing work instructions, monitor/maintain devices and tooling, instruct employees, implement and maintain production processes.
- Defect On Arrival (DEFOA) /Missing On Arrival (MOA) Root cause analysis, creating and implementing structural solutions.
- Providing structural solutions by initiating amendments like problem reports (PR) and/or 8D forms (Problem Solving methodology)
- Minimum disturbances (max.Yield) within production in cooperation with teamleads, troubleshooters and development.
- Preparation and introduction of product changes through Life Cycle Management and New Product Introductions within the manufacturing process
- Participates as an expert in audits
- Give support to New Product Introductions.
- Support & execute Process Validation
- Providing input for the Manufacturing Engineer, to create a better way of working. After release for volume production the Sustaining Engineer is accountable for improvements.
- Analysis of performance data with respect to products and processes (Six-sigma, Statistical Process Control)
- Give input and maintain the New Product Introductions project planning.
- Perform preparation activities on trial/prototype production within New Product Introduction-processes
- Defines and leads improvement projects for the assigned unit, to improve efficiency, product quality and test section (Green Belt).
- Investigation and escalation of Production issues/complaints, if needed together with development.
You are part of Factory Best, one of the largest Operations sites in Health Systems. Your part of Sustaining Engineering, a team which is responsible for processes within
- Imaging Guide Therapy (IGT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MR)
- Service, Parts & Repair (SP&R)
- Imaging Components (IC)
- Refurbishment System (RS)
- Digital X-Ray (DXR)
- Parts Recovery (PR)
You will be working closely with the manufacturing and development department.
- BSc in mechatronics, industrial engineering or comparable,
- Hands-on mentality
- Technical knowledge to identify mechanical and electrical tooling issues and solve them in collaboration with R&D and maintenance department/manufacturer
- Experience with project management, quality management and quality systems. Preferably experience in the medical industry (ISO 9001, 13485, FDA requirements, audit planning and execution, FMEA, 8D, etc.)
- Experience within Manufacturing or Engineering with high tech medical devices.
- Preferably Green Belt or Lean certified.
- Comprehension skills and ability to analyze and summarize.
- A result driven and quality driven approach.
- Preferably IT knowledge to understand equipment architecture
- Affinity with documentation, e.g. work instructions, escalation documentation and process validation.
- Execute & support New Product Introductions
- Dutch & English
Following elements are the main activities of the job:
- Set-up & maintain work instructions, including associated operator training.
- Support production in case of unknown issues and ensure continuity of the manufacturing process.
- Lead production escalations
- Improve production process
- Support Process & Tool Validation
If you are interested in the above description, apply with your CV
PS: Did you also know that we offer an attractive referral scheme? Check this LINK
For more information please contact Daria Petrova on +31 (0)20 20 44 502