A small and exciting biotech company is looking for a Structural Bioinformatician with a good knowledge of protein structure and folding, as well as aggregation. This position encompasses a complex role that can profoundly impact the company.
You will ensure the complete bioinformatics know-how ranging from the prediction of APR (aggregation prone sequence segments) to the support of the lead optimisation process of our Pept-ins™, currently in pre-clinical development.
- Hands-on experience and expertise in homology modelling, force fields and structural analysis, as well as secondary structure propensity predictions.
- Excellent big data analysis skills (R,), and capable of handling diverse omics data.
- Present complex scientific data in a clear, comprehensive manner
- Previous experience within silico protein aggregation prediction and simulation is a plus.
- Able to translate structural insights into meaningful support for optimisation programs on peptides.
- Generating scientific ideas and hypothesis to be challenged by the means of in vitro or in vivo experiments.
- Establish and maintain a network in the academic world in the field of structural bio-informatics; manage academic collaborations in this field; engage with KOLs
- Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams and all stakeholders
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) with at least 6 years of industrial experience, with relevant work experience in drug discovery or related discipline
- Broad understanding of structural bio-informatics with a proven track-record on protein structure analysis and prediction
- Good knowledge of drug discovery and development process
- Knowledge in the oncology and/or microbiology therapeutic area is a clear plus as well as previous experience with peptides
- Critical thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- The candidate should work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting start-up environment.
The company offers an entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in an ambitious and dynamic biotech company, working with top entrepreneurs and innovators in the biotech industry.
You will have freedom to shape your work and shape your job.
Next to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you the chance to grow and be a team driven by innovation and science to develop new therapies
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.