As (Senior/Full Stack) Bioinformatician you work full- or part-time on-site with the customer, where you aid them with functional analysis, data-integration or implementing and executing analysis methodologies and visualization techniques.
- You have at least a PhD or Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, data science or similar, or an equivalent expertise based on experience.
- You have profound knowledge in one or some of the following fields: molecular biology, genetics, epigenetics, transcriptomics and proteomics
- You have knowledge of data analysis strategies and techniques (sequencing-based and/or micro-arrays) and workflows
- You have knowledge of data structures and databases, and are used to working with public available datasets and tools
- You have a strong knowledge of programming in Python or R
- Knowledge of statistical and experimental design is a plus
- You understand most of the biological data formats, followed by data processing, preparation, modelling and evaluation parts
- You are able to run analysis on local workstations, high-performance computing and AWS cloud-based infrastructures and be aware of the existing IT systems and workflows.
- You have knowledge and skills in the wide range of processes of a typical data science projects
- You can support and execute a data science project from start to finish following all
- You enjoy project-based working and have a strong analytical mindset
- You are eager to learn and have a healthy sense of responsibility
- You can work independently but are also a team player
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment with people of diverse professional background (IT, (molecular) biology, chemistry, statistics, etc.)
- You are communicative and costumer focused
- You are fluent written and verbally in English, other languages are a plus
- A challenging job environment with advancement opportunities
- A young and dynamic company with an open culture, easy communication and ambitious vision
- Project guidance and support from our academic experts
- A strong focus on your personal and professional development
- An attractive salary with additional benefits
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or email@example.com.