In order to be able to carry out the role of an expert in full, you yourself will have several years of hands-on experience with a wide-ranging spectrum of analytical equipment and applications. Extensive expertise in terms of LC-MS is a must. Technical knowledge is indispensable in this, enabling you to become a point of contact for practical problems and troubleshooting in your role as an expert too. You will also take on the role of an expert externally, both during meetings with clients as in scientific forums. You will already have an (international) network of experts in your professional field.
You will divide your time between the lab and your office in order to carry out your duties. You will collaborate with analysts, who will take on the bulk of the practical work. This is why guiding and coaching team members will also be an important aspect of your task.
- A research-based doctoral degree in organic analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry;
- The ability to translate characterisation challenges in complex matrices into analytical solutions;
- Extensive knowledge of spectroscopic, chromatographic techniques (UPLC/LC-MS, GPC) (please include your level of expertise in your covering letter);
- Experience of winning and carrying out both industrial and co-financed research projects.
- Strong communication skills, to be multilingual and at ease working within (international) networks.
- A client-focused attitude and an eye for opportunities. You should consider yourself to possess entrepreneurship and the ability to take initiative.
- Good project management capabilities and strong organisational skills.
- A flexible team player, who is also comfortable working independently and is able to get started on several projects at the same time. In doing so, you remain mindful of the deadlines and priorities.
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.