Key Tasks Include
- Take responsibility for the development of the crystallization process and the downstream processing of the final API in multiple projects in the early development portfolio. Be involved from polymorph screening, laboratory process development up to plant scale to tackle arising problems and guarantee on-time delivery of the final API.
- Independently conceptualize and conduct sophisticated experimental studies to gain mechanistic insights and develop a scalable crystallization process that meets API specifications (crystallinity, polymorphism, particle properties, purity, …)
- Capture, analyze and interpret data from various sources: PAT data (FBRM, PVM, IR spectroscopy), offline analytical data (SEM, UPLC, XRD, DSC, Laser Diffraction, …), etc.
- Evaluate crystallization kinetics and thermodynamics to support and/or perform process modelling and design.
- Write and review development reports, to support both clinical and marketing application.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team during the early phases of drug development, including (R&D chemists, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drug Product Development, API manufacturing) to ensure selection of the right polymorph and a fit for purpose crystallization process.
- Keep abreast with scientific and technical developments in the field?of crystallization process development and take on the role as a subject matter expert (SME) for a specific technology.
Differentiation between scientist/senior scientist position will be done based on experience level.
- Education and/or research experience in the field of crystallography/polymorphism or crystallization process development of organic compounds (preferably a Ph.D. in, chemical engineering, chemistry, physics). Candidates with a recent PhD will also be considered if they hold specific experience in the field of interest.
- Knowledge of related analytical characterization techniques to investigate crystallinity and solid-state properties, such as: XRD, DSC, TGA, DVS, Raman, microscopy, IR
- Hands-on experience with conducting accurate data-rich lab experiments.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to cooperate in a team environment.
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or email@example.com.