INNOVATING ON THE EDGE OF WHAT IS POSSIBLE
For one of our big high-tech clients we are looking for a Senior Prototype Engineer! Within this role you work on miniature high-tech components, doing manual CAD design.
As a Senior Prototype Engineer, you will support Product Development by translating ideas into workable prototypes. You will handle the more complex prototype building. You will direct either the entire prototyping processes or parts of the processes in collaboration with other Prototypes Engineers, Proto Type Support Engineers, Product and Process Development Engineers and Application Engineers.
You work in project teams and are involved in a large part of the process, from concept design to production. As you are working with leading experts and Lean techniques are consistently applied in the projects, you catch on and learn fast! Responsibilities will include:
- Translating theoretical complex product and designs into physical processes and prototyping concepts together with R&D Engineers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Early identification of potential bottlenecks and recommending alternatives according to feasibility of making and testing first prototype and manufacturability of the design
- Building Prototype:
- Developing and creating the prototyping process either by parts, tools, processes or measurements sets. This is either executed by the Prototype Engineer or outsourced to expert colleagues.
- Collaborating with the R&D, , Tool Shop, and instructing Proto-lab to create prototypes
- Instructing or training Proto-lab Operators and analysing proto production issues, focusing on early assessment of potential manufacturing problems in the future mass production phase.
- Recommend improvement of quality of products and processes by e.g. proposing better/simpler alternatives.
- Handle critical product and process parameters which are also recorded in the so-called process requirements.
- Advising on solutions to issues and problems that arise in new products and processes
- Taking (potentially a big) part of the responsibility for a certain process or equipment
- Making part of prototypes or the entire prototypes.
- Supporting and advising the development of products and modifications.
- Compliance with safety regulations that apply to the machines and work environment.
- Compliance with policies and procedures within the framework of the company.
The high level of uncertainty in the early phases of the R&D cycle does not scare you off, but spices your energy to tackle the challenge. Your hands-on and result driven mentality shows with initiative, and taking the lead. Your enthusiasm makes you a great team member, so you can interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds. Other qualities we ask for are:
- A Technical Education
- 4-10 years of working experience in micro mechanical environment
- Ability to translate a technical idea into a practical approach
- Extended knowledge of 3D, CAD design (Solid works)
- Extended knowledge of measurement equipment and methods
- Fine motor coordination abilities
- Quality Awareness
- Supportive attitude
Equally important to your knowledge and experience is the personality you bring. Your enthusiasm makes you a great team member; you are supportive, proactive and result-driven. You interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds.
Interested to know more? Get in contact with Gemma Dozy (Senior Consultant R&D) via g.dozypanda-int.com or +3120 20 44 502.