Senior Product Development Engineer
Innovating at the edge of what is possible
For one of our high-tech clients we are looking for a Senior Product Development Engineer specialized in mass production and DFA DFM to join their R&D team!
The position requires you to work on both technical details and their integration to come to a feasible product, while cooperating with other colleagues and partners in- and outside the Netherlands. You constantly balance the technical possibilities with the customer’s quality and time requirements.
You work in project teams and are involved in a large part of the process, from concept design to production. As you are working with leading experts and Lean techniques are consistently applied in the projects, you catch on and learn fast! Responsibilities will include:
- Generate multiple concepts for which you do feasibility studies, develop relevant measurement setups using theoretical models, simulations and prototype verification;
- Define or derive criteria to judge and rank a design’s suitability for high volume production at acceptable cost
- Advise on design related boundaries and impact on product level, while performing research on technologies, materials and external developments;
- Interact with quality colleagues to define test plans and consult on acoustical process and design related potential failure modes;
The high level of uncertainty in the early phases of the R&D cycle does not scare you off, but spices your energy to tackle the challenge. Your hands-on and result driven mentality shows with initiative, and taking the lead. Your enthusiasm makes you a great team member, so you can interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds. Other qualities we ask for are:
- A Master degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, or related technical fields;
- At least 5-7 years of working experience that gave you thorough understanding of the correlation between mechanical design and functionality of a transducer;
- Knowledge and/or experience in miniature assembly, tolerance analysis etc.;
- Thorough Knowledge and/or experience in DFA & DFM for high-volume production (Design For Assembly & Design For Manufacturing);
- Affinity with adjacent areas of expertise of transducers (transducer physics and simple acoustics)
- Work independently on relatively complex assignments with multidisciplinary project teams;
- Independently performing feasibility and/or achievability studies using simulation tools, experiments, literature etc.
- Independently performing and assessing risk analyses of the product that is to be manufactured;
- Familiar with numerical and analytical modelling (e.g. Matlab, Pspice, Comsol or ANSYS).
For more information get in contact with Ivor Duif (Senior Consultant R&D) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +3120 20 44 502.