For one of our high-tech clients in the Amsterdam area we are looking for a Senior Product Development Engineer (Modelling)!
Working with simulations on product designs to test for issues and help to improve the designs, contributing to the process of innovation and development of new products and technologies. These are both generic and customer specific products and technologies, new and existing, accompanied from concept to production after the request. Delivering assignments and task to the project responsible within the given timeline and work in compliance with the SDM and other relevant procedures in the company system to ensure high quality.
- Mathematical models: responsible for literature study and theory behind Finite Element Analysis, concept development, model development and verification and documentation;
- Electro-acoustical models (based on existing/new models): responsible for literature studies, theory development, further development of existing models, Lumped Element Model verification and Model refinement based on newly created knowledge;
- Finite Element Analysis: Responsible for problem description document, translation into ANSYS or COMSOL model using CAD software, results verification and documentation;
- Actively refreshing and updating relevant knowledge: visit relevant seminars and events, active knowledge sharing with the whole company, create and update communication on possible support (new software / tools / knowledge), develop new tools and interfaces to those tools and develop new theoretical insight into transducer models.
· Master’s or PhD degree in preferably Applied Physics or Mechanical Engineering
· Fluent in written and spoken English.
· Relevant experience with FEA software packages, like ANSYS and COMSOL
· Being able to translate physical, mechanical and acoustical elements into mathematical or finite element models.
· Ability to act and initiate activities independently. Capability of original thinking, producing new ideas and developing new approaches.
· Interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds
· Can-do and hands-on mentality
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information get in contact with Ivor Duif (Senior Consultant R&D) via email@example.com or +3120 20 44 502.