Senior Product Development Engineer – Sensors + Algorithms
For one of our big high-tech clients we are looking for a Senior Product Development Engineer who can read out sensors and develop new algorithms for their high-end audio en hearing health components.
Directing and implementing the process of innovation and development of new products, technologies, assembly processes, and improving / innovating product by developing assignments and applying knowledge. These are both generic and customer specific products and technologies, new and existing, accompanied from concept to production after the request. Deliver complex assignment and tasks to the project responsible within a given timeline and work in compliance with the company policy and other relevant procedures in the company to ensure a high product quality.
Traditionally the company has developed innovative microphones and receivers for the Hearing Aid industry. Now we are expanding our product portfolio to include a variety of relevant (biomedical) sensors into our offerings. We still develop those solutions for the Hearing Aid market, and we’re also developing such solutions for the Advanced Audio market (Hearables). The goal of this function is to find relevant sensors, characterize, optimize and integrate them for use in our solutions and deliver the meaningful metric.
- Tracking, initiating and contributing to innovative developments (research) in the field.
- Doing research on technologies, materials and competitive developments with a scope of 0-5 years to achieve better understanding of the actual users need. Specifically for sensors and assessments based on the sensor data.
- Characterization of sensors, optimizations to ensure best possible functionality in the ear location at lowest power. Signal processing to assess data quality and extraction of meaning metric. Possibly by working with external parties
- Consulting with the development team and colleagues from the internal organization to discuss wishes and ideas.
- Based on an idea or desire, generate and evaluate multiple concepts.
- Pro-actively generating invention forms (IRF) and forwarding these to the Intellectual Property (IP) department, which in consultation determines if an idea is patent-application and / or patent worthy.
New product development
- Eliminating concepts based on experiments and theoretical analyses.
- Creating, testing and reviewing working samples.
- Verifying of a product and technical design, based on (international) standards with regards to inspections and certification.
- Assessing and verifying that the product complies with the technical specifications.
- Prescribing test specifications and protocols.
- In collaboration with Process Development Engineer, specifying the creative processes.
- Transferring the approved design file to Production and Industrial Engineering.
- Creating the demands package of the parts and releasing parts for production and Sourcing.
- Delivering assignments or studies of varying complexity complying with the quality, schedule and cost of the project.
- Independently performing a qualitative and full feasibility study.
- Developing technology principles that are applicable in new technologies.
- Developing technologies that are applicable in new innovative products.
- (Enable) performing risk analyses and advising on this with regards to possible continuation.
- (Enable) practical testing of the designed products and modifications.
- Proactively generate creative ideas and fill in inventions forms to ensure the flow of innovative ideas.
- Guide and coach other Engineers on technical issues and share own knowledge and experience.
- Compliance with policies and procedures within the framework of the company system.
- Solid academic technical education, such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering or alike
- 3-10yrs work experience in field of (low power) sensors and algorithms
- Energetic, pro-active, good communication skills
- Able to take team members along and influence stakeholders.
- Able to separate the relevant information from the details.
- Pragmatic: bringing experiments and theory together, by on the one hand building measurement setups and doing experiments, and on the other hand understand the theory and apply it to the actual challenge. Finding innovate and pragmatic solutions as needed
- Able to handle a bigger amount of technical uncertainties.
- Supervision, guiding and coaching skills.
- Able to advice team members.
- Detail oriented.
- Good understanding of the company development methodology and other relevant procedures in the company.
For more information get in contact with Ivor Duif (Senior Consultant R&D) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +3120 20 44 502.