Senior mechanical concept developer coffee
As a Senior mechanical concept developer coffee You will be responsible for translating complex consumer and business wishes into fully proven technical solutions and innovative products. As a senior mechanical concept developer, you are responsible for:
- Development of new functions in multi-disciplinary project teams of marketing, design and innovation professionals and liaising closely with Philips’ partners and supply base
- Translating consumer needs into business propositions in conjunction with the marketing, consumer research and supply organization
- Translating commercial, functional and aesthetic product requirements into technical concepts and solutions
- Responsible for timely delivering of new functions with adequate performance, quality, reliability, safety, manufacturability and cost price
- Driving continuous improvement of our ways of working
- Supporting and challenging individual team members to ensure their professional development
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have a Master or bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or industrial product design.
- You have minimum 7 years of experience in the field of mechanical development in consumer electronics.
- You have well-developed analytical skills and a fundamental understanding of innovation processes.
- You have experience in both front-end and realization projects and are able to translate your industrial experience into mechanical concept design in pre-development projects.
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD. You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms.
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus:
Project start date
- Short notice preferred
- 12 months
If you are interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation.
PS: Did you also know that we offer a generous referral scheme, because great people know other great people, right?
For further information, please contact Sayf Idais at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org