The Senior Director is an industry leader responsible for overseeing operational, financial and quality delivery of a portfolio of clinical studies conducted within a GTMO therapeutic area. The Senior Director is expected to serve as the voice of the customer, ensuring effective project design and execution while fostering strategic relationships in order to grow the business. They need to demonstrate the ability to prioritize between functional area objectives and project delivery in order to be in line with corporate strategy.
Additionally, the Senior Director is responsible for the line management and talent development and retention of assigned project management staff with an emphasis on developing and improving consistent project management excellence.
- Helps to define and implement the GTMO vision and strategy and translates this into key initiatives and priorities.
- Engages with Covances leadership to help drive and implement company-wide and GTMO initiatives.
- Has a good understanding of the industry, market and our clients and presents Covances operational and clinical capabilities to clients. Leads growth within the Therapeutic Area; designs and develops winning trial solutions that result in a growing, profitable portfolio of business in the TA.
- Contributes to the TA commercial, operational, medical and scientific leadership and direction, leveraging expertise from other functions as required.
- Contributes to business development strategies, including RFI response, proposal development, bid defense preparation and presentations.
- Ensures allocated resources are aligned with current and forecasted work in terms of capability, quantity, timing, and efficiency.
- Attracts, selects, on-boards, develops and retains high performing talent; strengthens and deepens talent bench and succession.
- Provides line management and technical support to assigned project leaders, including training, development and performance review of assigned staff.
- Part ownership of the global P&L for the TA, including top line growth, operating margin, project cost variance, forecasting, expense management, and other business metrics.
- Ensures that assigned staff understand and perform consistently according to defined operational, financial, and quality performance and process standards.
- Uses established operational, financial and quality metrics and reporting dashboards to assess resource needs and staff performance for assigned staff.
- Supports the development and implementation of consistent project tools, templates and reports that deliver informative performance metrics and other critical information to stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Advance degree, PhD and/or MBA preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of drug development and clinical research experience (pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO), preferably including 2 or more years leading trials in respective Therapeutic Area (Oncology).
- 2 or more years global leadership experience, ideally in a complex, virtual and matrix environment leading large multi-functional teams.
- Broader level client relationships and business development experience.
- Demonstrated vision, strategy and growth experience.
- Financial acumen (P&L, budget, forecast, resources etc.).
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.