For one of our key high-tech clients we are looking for a Senior Product Development Engineer to join their fast growing R&D team working on high-end innovations for the medical and consumer audio industry!
As a Senior Product Development Engineer, you are a key player in the development process. The position requires you to work on both technical details and their integration to come to a feasible product, while cooperating with other colleagues and partners in- and outside the Netherlands. You constantly balance the technical possibilities with quality and time requirements.
You work in project teams on the development of products, and are mostly involved in the early stages of the product development process. As you are working with industry leading experts and consistently apply Lean tools in the projects, you catch on and learn fast! Responsibilities will include:
- Generate multiple concepts for which you do feasibility studies, develop relevant measurement setups using theoretical models, simulations and prototype build verification;
- Perform research, analyses and benchmarks on competing technologies and products
- Guide the development of specific technology blocks in cooperation with external partners.
- Work independently on complex assignments within multidisciplinary project teams;
- Tracking, initiating and contributing to innovative developments (research) in the field.
- Keeping up to date on technologies, materials and competitive developments with a scope of 0-5 years
- Consulting with the other development teams and colleagues from the internal organization to discuss wishes and ideas.
- Based on an idea or desire, generate and evaluate multiple concepts.
The high level of uncertainty in the early phases of the R&D cycle does not scare you off, but spices your energy to tackle the challenge. Your hands-on and result driven mentality shows with initiative, and taking the lead. Your enthusiasm makes you a great team member, so you can interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds. Other qualities we ask for are:
- M.Sc of Ph. D in Physics, Electronic Engineering, (Bio-)Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 to 7 years of working experience in an (early) R&D environment that gave you understanding of product development and DFM;
- Proven track record of bringing hardware technology blocks to maturity either through inhouse development or by guiding external technology partners.;
- Knowledge and experience in acoustics and / or loudspeaker design is a preference;
- Communicating in a simple and effective way;
- Passionate about overcoming technical challenges and working with people;
Equally important to your knowledge and experience is the personality you bring. Your enthusiasm makes you a great team member; you are supportive, proactive and result-driven. You interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds.
For more information please get in contact with Ivor Duif (Partner/Principal Consultant R&D) via firstname.lastname@example.org or via +3120 20 44 502