In your role as senior Bioinformatician you guide discovery of stratification and pharmacodynamic biomarkers in support development of revolutionary new bispecific antibody therapeutics. You will have responsibilities in the Pre-clinical and Translational teams, supporting analyses of various data types: from small-scale assays to large-scale omics-type experiments, from basic research to biomarkers in clinical trials.
These will be your day-to-day tasks:
- Support the design, expansion, and maintenance of pipelines for computational analyses.
- Work with internal and external parties in project and expert teams.
- Manage bioinformatics projects, both in-house as well as outsourced to service providers.
- Report scientific results in reports, scientific publications, patents and regulatory documents.
- Compute analyses described in the Biomarker Analyses Plan in support of reporting and regulatory filings.
- Establishing analysis workflows in a dedicated system (GeneData) for e.g.
- Pre-clinical research data
- WES/ctDNA/WGS (mutational sequence data)
- Proteome data
- Harmonizing different data types from biomarker & clinical trial data
- Database management activities for preclinical/translational data
- Enable storage of laboratory instrument output (raw) data into preclinical database
- Low-level analyses of laboratory instrument output to preclinical database
- Manage data storage/structure in translational database
- Providing/adapting functionality for data analysis within dedicated systems for
- antibody sequence analysis
- translational data extractions (GeneData)
- Responsible for technical support for preclinical laboratory data platform
- Working closely with Translational team members to create a high quality clinical biomarker and Translational strategy.
- You will be a member of the Translational Sciences team and reporting to the Director of Translational Sciences.
The main Areas of Support:
- Automate manual processes such as:
- Analyses of pre-clinical experiments
- Generating dashboards of translational data
- Mine public data for pre-clinical and translational research
- Enable meta-analysis on existing data
- E.g. on antibody DB
- E.g. on translational data in GeneData
We would like to get in touch with you if you meet the following requirements;
- PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biology or Biochemistry and 6+ years of experience in a similar role.
- 3+ years’ work experience in biotech or pharma industry.
- Profound knowledge of both molecular biology & applied bioinformatics.
- Excellent programming skills in R and/or Python, bash) and are experienced in using relational databases.
- Communicative and supportive attitude towards solving data analysis challenges.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience with bioinformatics tools and databases (transcriptomic/genomic sequence analysis, public databases like TCGA, EGA, GTEX, GEO, etc.).
- Excellent skills in dealing with large datasets (e.g. from next generation sequencing applications and gene/protein interaction networks, Omics-type data).
- Demonstrable experience with working with clinical data sets, including SDTM.
- Ideally you also have experience in or knowledge of clinical (bio-)statistics and scripted results for clinical study reports (CSR).
- You have worked within regulated environments such as ISO/GCP/GMP, and are capable of producing reproducible analyses.
- Recognized scientific merit as documented by publications in high quality journals, references, and external presentations.
- You are a careful planner, getting things done with enthusiasm and a clear goal in mind.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English.