At the moment I am looking for a Scientist Molecular Bioassay for one of our biotech clients in Leiden. This role will work on the Covid-19 vaccine. It regards a 1 year contract, however extension is highly expected.
The Molecular and Bioassay (MBA) team is a young and dynamic group (35 team members), which is part of Analytical Development (AD), responsible for developing methods to characterize our vaccines. Together, we use biological- and chemical technologies to assess quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of our products. We have a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
We are looking for a scientist who:
- Enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team and contributing to method development knowledge of the team as a whole.
- Actively shares expertise in technologies such as ELISA, (q)PCR, cell culture-based assays and/or NGS.
- Aims to shape the life cycle management up to and including validation of methods for release and characterization of our vaccine
- Acts as a technical lead to strengthen our product development strategy.
- Has strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists across multiple disciplines.
- Takes ownership as author in the preparation of presentations, documents for regulatory filing and patents.
- The perfect candidate will have a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with 1-5 years of post-doctoral experience in a relevant field of cell-based or molecular assays, life sciences and/ or virology.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or ICH method development or GMP is highly preferable.
- The candidate demonstrates strong leadership, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- You have a critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others.
- Flexible, sooner the better
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.
For further information, please contact Gemma Dozy at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org