We use state-of-the-art high throughput sequencing and metabolomics technologies to characterize tumor samples. For our new Bioinformatics Core Facility, we are currently looking for 2 dynamic and highly motivated Scientists in Bioinformatics.
- Building and applying bioinformatics pipelines in order to analyze high-throughput sequencing data such as whole-genome, whole-exome, methylation, RNA data, and single-cell (sc) sequencing data from the newest single-cell multi-omics technologies (scRNA-seq, ATAC-seq, DNA-seq, CITE-seq, CROP-seq and spatial profiling).
- Guiding biologists in analyzing their own data and performing statistical tests and pathway analysis;
- Exploring public available databases;
- Working with and managing big data;
- The creative visualization of the results;
- Using and maintaining high performance computing clusters.
- You have obtained a Masters degree in bioengineering, computer science, (bio)informatics, mathematics or related field;
- You have good communication skills and can work easily together with other (international) team members;
- You have a passion for bioinformatics and the motivation to work on innovative and ambitious projects in an open, dynamic and skilled research team;
- You have experience with Linux systems, bash, R, and statistics.
- Experience with high-performance computing, (multivariate) statistics, data analysis, Bayesian statistics, machine learning, data visualization and big data management are an important asset;
- Knowledge of Linux, databases, BioConductor, Python or related programming languages and basic system administration skills are considered a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- A fascinating work environment in which quality, professionalism and social contact are encouraged;
- The possibility to be at the start of a scientifically cutting-edge and society relevant project;
- The opportunity to contribute to the biological validation of your own research findings.
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or email@example.com.