Description of the vacancy
We are looking for a person (PhD level) to shape and coordinate the NMR/structure elucidation activities. After you have gained good knowledge of analytical development of pharmaceuticals, you will also work as Analytical Lead, in which role you coordinate all the analytical activities for a development project.
In this position you will
- Further develop the level of NMR within Ardena Oss;
- Develop, validate and perform NMR methods on behalf of our API (small molecule) development projects;
- More in particular, you execute NMR experiments for quantitation (qNMR), 1 and 2D identification and structure elucidation;
- Act as an NMR expert within the department and support manufacturing investigations
- Develop/introduce NMR methodology for the application on nano-materials;
- Help and coach colleagues in the field of NMR;
- For the structure elucidation (e.g. of impurities in our pharmaceutical products) you liaise with departments within Ardena that perform A) preparative chromatography and B) MS/MS experiments;
- Independently and in teams work on analytical development of API’s and nanoproducts (Analytical Lead);
- Further develop your scientific, technical, and organizational skills;
- Interact with colleagues in process chemistry, manufacture, and QA for the execution of projects;
We expect from you
- A PhD graduation in a field where you gained good knowledge of (multidimensional) NMR;
- Have excellent communicative skills in English and Dutch, both verbal and written and Dutch (or at least in English and willing to learn Dutch);
- You have good coaching/communicative skills and like to reach out to others to find the “missing piece of the puzzle” to complete your tasks;
- Able to work independently and in teams in a highly dynamic environment;
- Good knowledge of chromatography and willing to learn about other analytical techniques is an added value.
- Familiarity with a cGMP regulatory environment is a plus.