The role of a Scientist is to implement and validate novel approaches for cell-based assays, essentially flow cytometry. Equally important, the incumbent has the responsibility to serve as a technical and scientific resource for the assay transfer team. The Scientist in CellCarta will work to establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). She/He is expected to remain current regarding the advances in the field regarding standardization, validation, reagents and in the field of immunology.
- Validate new flow and non-flow cell-based assays for clinical deployment
- Perform work within specified timelines, proactively communicate any failure to meet timelines
- Design, execute and document troubleshooting activities
- Present summaries of analysis results and interpretation in a professional, clear and concise manner to internal and external clients.
- Perform in-depth data analysis and interpretation for each experiment performed
- Present work internally as required
- Design and execute method comparison studies for the implementation of novel methods.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders assigned to each specific project.
- Support the study lead assigned to each specific project.
- Main focus will be in flow cytometry assays.
- Supervision of research assistants may be required.
- M.Sc. with 3 years pharma/biotech/CRO experience or Ph.D. with demonstrated assay validation skills
- Immunology (human an asset), immune monitoring methodologies
- Strong experience with flow cytometry techniques and applications including assay design as well as handling complex data set of multi-color panels. Experienced in in the field of immune monitoring (an asset).
- Experience with bioanalytical assay validation (an asset)
- Optional: Knowledge of non-flow cell-based assays to monitor adaptive and innate immune responses
- Experience working with third party flow cytometry data analysis packages and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies
- English and French proficiency (written and spoken) is required.
- Works methodically and systematically
- Critical and creative thinker
- Good team spirit
- Advanced level of understanding and analytical skills to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Communicates clearly and confidently and has excellent interpersonal and teaching skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent record keeping, attention to details and commitment to achieve good quality work
- Ability to prepare high-quality reports
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to prepare project reports and make internal and client presentations
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be willing to perform duties or supervise activities in Bio Safety Level (BSL) 1 or 2 facilities where biological samples may be either naturally or experimentally infected with potentially hazardous viruses such as HIV, HCV, or CMV
- The role is predominantly conducted in a laboratory setting
- Employee is personally responsible for following Health and Safety guidelines/instructions