A high-potential start-up based in Gosselies, Belgium is looking for a Scientist Cellular Assays Immuno-oncology. This fast-growing company offers a wide range of Immunology services with a strong commitment to developing customised solutions for its clients. The offerings include in vitro assays to assess the immunogenic potential of test molecules using T cell activation and proliferation assays as a surrogate marker for the induction of Anti-Drug-Antibodies. On the immuno-oncology side, the company develops in vitro assays to assess the functionality of candidates. The company continuously develops new cellular immune assays to assist biotech and pharma companies directly in their product development.
As Scientist, you will work closely with a growing team of scientists and lab technicians. Primarily, the immune-oncology cellular assay team to conduct, optimise and validate a wide variety of existing and new functional assays and help our clients characterise their therapeutic candidates. In function of the projects, you will also work with the other teams focusing on other immunological applications. Based on specific customer requests, you will need to employ your expertise in immunology, your analytical thinking and your problem-solving skills to design, test and confirm novel routes of predictive testing. Fabricating lab-on-chip cartridges with prototyping techniques including tools such as nanospotter, flip-chip device, plasma etcher, wet bench, PDMS molding, etc.
- Perform cellular assays according to the Standard Operation Procedures
- Participate in the development and optimisation of cellular assays
- Analyse data and write technical and scientific reports
- Plan and organise your daily, weekly and monthly projects in coordination with the team to ensure delivery on budget and on time
- Guide, train and support laboratory technicians to ensure quality work is delivered as planned
- Support the sales and business development team in drafting and reviewing project proposals
- Plan, coordinate and oversee progress of assigned projects intervening where necessary to stay on track
- Manage suppliers, partners and subcontractors to ensure their roles are completed as expected
- Report internally and externally (to client) on project progress and results
- Respond to client inquiries and identify new project opportunities with returning clients
- Reinforce and implement quality standards through continuous improvement strategies
- Participate in conferences and review literature to stay up to date on progress in the field
- Prepare and deliver technical and scientific presentations (talks, posters and webinars)
- Master or PhD in Immunology, Biology, Pharmaceutical Science, or equivalent by experience
- Experience working with primary cells
- Hands-on expertise with cellular assays and immunological techniques, including flow cytometry. HTRF, Luminex and ELISpot are a plus
- Strong grasp of assay development, validation and optimisation methods
- Previous work in direct contact with customers and service providers is a plus
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, biotech or CROs
- Passionate and self-motivated scientist with ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Studious with attention to detail
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Comfortable working under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Enjoys working in small teams and shaping the evolution of the company
- Good English (written and spoken) skills
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or email@example.com.