We are a technology based company specialized in research and manufacturing of a vast
range of unique poly(2-oxazoline)s for applications in therapeutics, drug formulation,
nanomedicines, biomaterials and diagnostics and we are looking to hire a Scientific Researcher!
The main goals of the project involve the delivery of:
1. Personalized medical devices, designed using the images acquired for individual patients.
2. Complex shapes and miniaturized geometries for implants and surgical instruments, to
enhance treatment effectiveness and post-treatment recovery.
3. Streamlined care by integrating diagnosis, design and manufacturing of 3D printed medical
devices with post operatory evaluation into a validated and widely accessible software platform.
- Investigate new chemistries and polymer compositions to develop functional coatings and
- ? Synthesize new polymers and functionalize them with relevant (bio-) molecules.
- ? Apply the synthesized materials as coatings using a wide variety of techniques.
- ? Characterize both the materials as well as the coated surfaces using a variety of techniques
- (chromatography, NMR spectroscopy, contact angle, IR, etc.)
- ? Write SOPs and reports.
- ? Communicate and coordinate efficiently with your colleagues and other members of the
- consortium. Preparing and reporting activities and meetings within the framework of the
- The ideal candidate must be familiar with key scientific disciplines and technologies involved
- in polymer synthesis and biomaterials, and demonstrate solid understanding of chemistry
- Experience in coatings development and characterization is preferred. Knowledge of
- polymer/organic chemistry and scientific principles related to the operation of standard
- laboratory, analytical, and/or processing equipment.
- Excellent command of English, oral and written. Ability to draft and review reports, batch
- records and SOPs. Familiarity with spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel) is a required
- competency. Authorship of peer-reviewed publications and especially patents is a plus.
- Collaborative and communicative. Can work independently, precisely and time-consciously.
- Education Requirement: degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science,
- bioengineering, or relevant fields with no less than 2 years of experience in biomaterials or
- organic/polymer synthesis.
- Previous experience in an industrial setting is an asset
- Research contract –full time, indefinite duration- as a scientific researcher in a stimulating
- international R&D environment. Plenty of possibilities for personal development within our fast
- growing organization beyond this project.
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or email@example.com.