Are you ready to take once in a lifetime opportunity?
We are looking for a Science and Tech Manager to lead strategy at the European level for an amazing organization.
Our client is at forefront of the movement to use food technology to replace the products of industrial animal agriculture with plant-based, fermentation-derived, and cultivated meat.
Industrial animal agriculture is at the root of many of the most pressing global issues of our time, from climate change and global hunger to increased disease risk and poor animal welfare.
This is why this is your opportunity to change the world, from the comfort of your home (The position is fully remote until conferences start again.)
- Developing and implementing the strategy for GFI’s SciTech work in Europe and setting the priorities that you will be working on.
- Acting as the bridge and link between GFI’s global SciTech team and stakeholders in Europe, and potentially leading a team of specialists in the future.
- Mobilizing funding for alternative proteins research and development
- Inspiring, energizing, coordinating, and mobilizing scientists, researchers, engineers, students, and entrepreneurs across Europe to work on alternative proteins.
- Analyzing the alternative proteins sector in Europe
- Providing credible, expert advice on alternative proteins to policymakers, regulators, and civil society, working closely with our global SciTech team and European Policy team.
- Overseeing and assisting with the creation of scientific and technical resources, including bespoke materials for European stakeholders
- A Ph.D. in a relevant scientific field (e.g., stem cell biology, tissue engineering, biochemical engineering, synthetic biology, plant molecular biology, plant genetics, crop science), or the equivalent (e.g. a master’s degree plus significant relevant experience).
- Demonstrable professional experience from industry, R&D funding agencies, academia, or other relevant area.
- A good strategic mind: able of developing and implementing the strategy for highest impact
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent networking, interpersonal, influencing, and relationship-building abilities.
- An extremely strong work ethic and ability to see projects through to completion.