A dynamic and small Biotech client is holding an exciting opportunity for a talented Research Scientist – In vivo models to join a dedicated research team focused on the discovery and development of novel therapeutics to treat neurological disease.
- Provide scientific expertise and manage the development of rodent models and in vivo proof-of-concept evaluations of the company’s drug candidates.
- He/she preferably has experience with relevant myelination models (LPC, Cuprizone, EAE), in-life behavioural cognitive tests and in-life electrophysiology/evoked potential recordings and has a strong understanding of neuro-regenerative processes in the CNS.
- Proficiency in CNS histopathology and gene expression analysis is a must.
- Experience in the principles of in vivo pharmacology will be helpful.
- The person will also oversee the In vivo facility management and submitting EC applications.
- Initiate autonomously direct and execute In vivo research projects that are critical to corporate strategy.
- He/she provides leadership on the practical realisation of research programs including the experimental design and data evaluation, adhering to timelines and agreed quality standards. Creativity and flexibility in applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, projects and problems will be valuable. Rigorous documentation of experiments and results as well as report writing are part of the job. The successful candidate will act as contact point for senior management regarding technical and scientific advice. The position is largely based in Hasselt (Belgium) with ca 20% of time spent in Leuven (Belgium).
- Educated to a PhD level in biological, (bio)medical or life sciences (or equivalent) and has at least two years of relevant post-doctoral experience in the neuro-regenerative or neuro-protective environment together.
- Excellent statistical analysis competencies and hands-on experience with in vivo rodent models (including repeated drug administration and fluid sampling from multiple routes).
- The candidate must possess a FELASA C certificate.
- A good working knowledge of drug development and experience in an industrial environment is an advantage.
- Must be a driven self-starter with the confidence to independently direct research programs.
- Accuracy and scientific rigor are essential.
- He/she is devoted to staying abreast of his/her field of expertise and will maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology and theory.
- Great organisational, priority setting and scientific reporting skills and the ability to work under stringent deadlines are essential.
- A solution-oriented, pro-active and flexible mindset appropriate for an entrepreneurial environment in a biotech start up is required.
- Fluency in English is necessary.
A privately held biotech company based in Leuven, Belgium that completed a €15.2 million Series A financing and is focused on developing small molecule therapeutics to promote remyelination and repair after brain injury.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes next to the salary.
- Performance-based bonus, standard benefits and stock options.
- They encourage and support a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or email@example.com.