A Biotech Company specialized in the development of biotechnological production processes of specialty carbohydrates is currently looking for a Research Associate fermentation.
- You will run fermentation processes and be part of a production process development team
- You will prepare experiments for scale-up of production processes and prepare products for downstream processing development
- You will run experimental analysis for several projects and collaborate with other scientists for these analysis
- Preparing laboratory materials and samples for analysis
- You will introduce and report novel methods
- Maintain, analyse and report experimental data
- Collaborate with other scientists on experimental designs
- You will take on general laboratory responsibilities and apply organizational and creative skills to improve lab operations
- Maintain safe practices and work environment
- You have a BSc or MSc in Biotechnology, Bio-engineering or similar preferably with a specialty in biotechnological process development
- You have knowledge of large as well as small scale fermentation technology
- You are interested in R&D and the development of novel biotechnological processes and have a critical scientific viewpoint
- You can work independently and flexible, but are a team player and will work in collaboration with other scientists on the development of new production processes
- You are willing to learn new techniques and expand your knowledge
- You have an eye for detail, work accurately and aim for qualitative work
- Experience in writing, optimizing, and following complicated protocols and SOPs
- Capability to manage multiple experiments within a single day
- You are fluent in English
- Knowledge about statistical packages such as R, Electronic Lab Notebook systems are a plus
At this time 50 people are employed and the number of collaborators will expand over the next years significantly. We offer an interesting job with a lot of variety and responsibilities in a dynamic young team of collaborators in a field with a lot of future.
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.