One of my Pharmaceutical clients is looking for a Research Assistant – Immunology / Serology (Laboratory work). In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering, we are looking to hire a Research Assistant for its flow cytometry and serology platforms, for its site in Gosselies, Belgium.
Reporting to the Laboratory Team Leader and working closely with Principal Scientists, the Research Assistant will work within a team focusing on the characterization of the cellular and of the humoral immune response. The main responsibilities will include the execution of PBMC isolation, flow cytometry assays, viral neutralization assays, Luminex and ELISA assays.
- Fabricating lab-on-chip cartridges with prototyping techniques including tools such as nanospotter, flip-chip device, plasma etcher, wet bench, PDMS molding, etc.
- Performing biological assay experiments.
- Participate in the planning of experiments of the assigned projects.
- Perform data analysis.
- Provide suggestions on improving experimental setup and the assay performance.
- Record all plans, data and results according to internal procedures.
- Participate in lab organisation, such as maintaining a clean and safe lab environment, cleaning and calibrating equipment, maintaining consumable and reagent stocks etc.
- Follow internal Antelope quality management system processes.
The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology. One or two years of demonstrated experience in techniques related to cellular and humoral immunology is preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrate schedule adaptability and flexibility.
- Be willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes.
- Be willing to work in a Quality environment (ISO17025, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP).
- Be functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge spoken English is an asset.
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context
An exciting international contract research organisation offering analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies for the characterization of the human immune response in pre-clinical and clinical studies.
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.