For one of our leading clients I'm looking for a Procurement Manager with experience of covering purchasing, negotiating, vendor relations, and systems development.
• Direct the administration of purchasing operations at the corporate office, drive a disciplined process focused on cost effectiveness, identify opportunities for cost-savings and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Build and develop a committed team to manage all aspects of area of responsibility.
• Partner with Financial team to ensure strategic and annual business goals and objectives are achieved.
• Conduct needs assessments, analyze spending and purchasing patterns, seek to streamline and improve process controls.
• Facilitate and lead multi-disciplinary teams to provide direction on products and services needed for purchasing consolidation.
• Provide processes, guidance, and oversight to buyer/planners supporting the Business Units with regards to materials requirements planning, order release to designated suppliers, and re-planning supply due to customer changes in specifications, quantity, or due dates of their purchase orders.
• Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or improve material availability to fulfill production schedules.
• Manage strategic vendor selection and negotiations with suppliers.
• Develop and manage one-time and/or repetitive RFP bid processes.
• Leverage and negotiate favorable pricing and service with suppliers through long-term purchase agreements, consolidation of SKUs.
• Develop seamless communications with suppliers and provide them with predictable, reliable demand by forward forecasting requirements, streamlining communications, providing appropriate lead time for orders, minimizing disruptions in delivery schedules, etc.
• Establish key performance indicators for purchasing, inventory management, and schedule attainment; monitor ongoing performance; and drive performance improvements in the KPIs.
• Utilize staff appropriately with the goal of optimizing effort and achieving operational goals.
• Assure that all reporting staff are fully trained in all standard processes, business rules, operation of associated computer systems.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory SOP and cGMP guidelines
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum ten years' experience, with progressive responsibility covering purchasing, negotiating, vendor relations, and systems development in a medium size business environment.
• Experience in life sciences companies a plus.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills; at least five or more years' experience managing staff and fostering a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
• Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and proactive approach to problem-solving.
• Extensive knowledgeable of SAP or similar platform, purchasing concepts, theories, and practices.
• Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues.
1st of July
6-12 months (high chance of extension)
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV. For further information, please contact Selin Ozbeden at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org