One of our biotechnology clients in Leiden has an opening for a Process Engineer for their Vaccine Launch Facility. We are looking for someone with a background in process engineering in biopharma. It regards an initial 1 year contract, but this is a long time position with lots of growth opportunity in the company.
- Participates in comprehensive engineering activities to develop and implement effective, high quality processes using industry standard design methods to reduce production risk and increase manufacturability.
- Executes moderately complex design reviews and supplies feedback for improvements in manufacturability.
- Assesses equipment, material, and process performance to achieve the overall process yield goals.
- Performs vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality products in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Facilitates experiments and capability studies, develops process specifications, and supports design of process equipment.
- Evaluates and advises on the selection of suitable equipment for optimized process performance
- A minimum of a Bachelors
- +2 years as a process engineer or similar
- Pharmaceutical and/or bio processing principles typically used in Upstream and Downstream processing for vaccines manufacturing using disposable technologies (e.g. bioreactors & filtration systems)
- Design experience and working knowledge of automatic bulk filling systems for pharmaceutical material in Grade A environments and/or closed filling systems.
- Understanding of liquid freezing processes and its potential impact on vaccine storage and stability.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and industry guidelines specific for the pharmaceutical industry and maintenance & engineering (e.g. GMP, NEN3140, VCA, CE, etc.)
Project start date
June, July or August
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.
PS: Did you also know that we offer a generous referral scheme, because great people know other great people, right?
For further information, please contact Gemma Dozy at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at g.dozy @panda-int.com