One of our biotechnology clients in Leiden has an opening for a Process Engineer for their Vaccine Launch Facility. We are looking for someone with a background in process engineering in biopharma.
Provides process engineering and controls support. Plans and conducts activities related to the implementation of new processes into the Vaccine Launch Facility including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and capability alternatives, and performing process characterization and optimization using designed experiments, and problem solving and decision-making tools.
- Participates in comprehensive engineering activities to develop and implement effective, high quality processes using industry standard design methods to reduce production risk and increase manufacturability.
- Executes moderately complex design reviews and supplies feedback for improvements in manufacturability.
- Assesses equipment, material, and process performance to achieve the overall process yield goals. Performs vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality products in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Facilitates experiments and capability studies, develops process specifications, and supports design of process equipment.
- Evaluates and advises on the selection of suitable equipment for optimized process performance.
- Analysis of (new) systems and equipment with the intent of improving yield, process times and/or change over times.
- Edits and publishes process documentation and training materials for processes, materials, and equipment.
Education / Work experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Bio-Process Engineering, Chemical / Process Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years biopharma experience as Process Engineer or equivalent
Specific knowledge / Skill set:
- Project management.
- Pharmaceutical and/or bio processing principles typically used in Upstream and Downstream processing for vaccines manufacturing using disposable technologies (e.g. bioreactors & filtration systems)
- Design experience and working knowledge of automatic bulk filling systems for pharmaceutical material in Grade A environments and/or closed filling systems.
- Understanding of liquid freezing processes and its potential impact on vaccine storage and stability.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and industry guidelines specific for the pharmaceutical industry and maintenance & engineering (e.g. GMP, NEN3140, VCA, CE, etc.)
- Support Technical Transfer of New Processes to the Vaccine Launch Facility
- Critical analysis of production issues
- Clear and Concrete Communication
- Influencing and Negotiating
- Applied Judgment
Project start date
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.
PS: Did you also know that we offer a generous referral scheme, because great people know other great people, right?
For further information, please contact Ralph Looijen at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org