For one of our key high-tech clients we are recruiting a Principal Product Development Engineer!
In this role you are a key player in the development of acoustical based sensor products. The position requires you to work on both technical details and their integration to come to a feasible product, while cooperating with other colleagues and partners in- and outside the Netherlands. You constantly balance the technical possibilities with the customer’s quality and time requirements.
You work in project teams on the development of acoustical-based sensor products, and are involved in a large part of the process, from concept design to production. As you are working with leading experts and Lean techniques are consistently applied in the projects, you catch on and learn fast! Responsibilities will include:
- Together with the project manager, you will own the project success and lead a team of expert engineers from different backgrounds (physics, mechanical, electrical) to achieve project goals
- Create and maintain high level overview of the learning plan, product concepts, and relation with project targets
- Create and maintain the project learning plan for the team and align the workpackages and deliverables with the rest of the team on content level
- Proactively drive stakeholder communication to update on project technical progress and risks
The high level of uncertainty in the early phases of the R&D cycle does not scare you off, but spices your energy to tackle the challenge. Your hands-on and result driven mentality shows with initiative, and taking the lead. Your enthusiasm, positive attitude and communication skills make you a great team leader, so you can interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds. Other qualities we ask for are:
- A Master degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Applied physics or related technical fields;
- At least 10 years of working experience that gave you thorough understanding of product development process and the correlations between process and product;
- At least 5 years of working experience in a similar technical team lead position within a multidisciplinary R&D environment with track record of successful release of hardware (miniature) product;
- Ability and expertise in creating visual overviews (product concepts and learning plans);
- Previous experience in high volume industrialization (knowledge of DFA, DFM) product development projects ( > 20Mpcs/yr) is a must, ideally working on miniature components (< 3 mm in size);
- People leadership skills and experience, ability to manage subject matter experts by asking the right questions;
Equally important to your knowledge and experience is the personality you bring. You are a real leader, taking responsibility and ownership of your projects, stepping-in when needed to support your team members and driving people around you to excel in an enthusiastic and positive manner
You interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds and hierarchical levels. Last but not least, you are not afraid on taking responsibility for challenging, fast paced and high pressure projects.
For more information please get in contact with Ivor Duif (Partner/Principal Consultant) via firstname.lastname@example.org or via +3120 20 44 502