One of our leading Biotech clients (Fortune Top 150 company) in Breda has a job opening for a Packaging Engineer. We are looking for someone with experience in packaging materials, designs and/or processes in the biotech or pharma industry.
The Packaging Engineer reports into the Packaging Engineering group under Final Product Technologies. In this position, you will support global supply, new product introductions, partnerships/acquisitions. This position utilizes physics, engineering and chemistry principles coupled with materials science understanding and principles to assist in the evaluation, design, qualification and implementation of packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment, and processes.
- Lead and present new packaging ideas, concepts, and design ideas
- Evaluation, recommendation and selection of new packaging materials and concepts
- Assessing complex problems relating to materials, recommending, and implementing solutions
- Write test protocols, perform technical evaluations and submitting technical assessment reports to justify the use of selected materials.
- Write Technical Specifications
- Establish priorities to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates
- Ensures cGMP and regulatory compliance are met
- Ensures that change control procedures are followed working with QA and
- Regulatory to implement changes
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (i.e., QA/QC, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities.
- MSc in packaging engineering, design engineering or another engineering discipline
- 5+ years of packaging materials and design experience
- 3+ years within the Pharma/Biotech industry (GMP)
- Experience in sustainable packaging design
- Independent thinker with demonstrated skills
- Working in teams or leading project teams
- Problem solving / creative thinking skills.
- Comfortable in a production environment
- Not afraid of hands-on work
- Ability to see the bigger picture and at the same time understands the importance of detailed documentation
12 months + likely extensions, potentially permanent
If you are interested in the above description, apply with your CV
PS: Did you also know that we offer an attractive referral scheme? Check this LINK
For more information please contact Gemma Dozy on +31 (0)20 20 44 502