This position reports into the Packaging Engineering group under Final Product Technologies. The position will support global supply, new product introductions, partnerships/acquisitions.
This position utilizes physics, engineering and chemistry principles coupled with materials science understanding and principles to assist in the evaluation, design, qualification and implementation of packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment and processes.
A strong knowledge of common materials utilized in pharmaceutical packaging is required. Key material knowledge requirements of the structural components and chemical properties of polymers, adhesives, inks, varnishes and paper is required. Understanding of packaging manufacturing equipment and processes and how materials interact with these is essential to the position.
This role requires entry level management, excellent organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to rapidly changing environment.
• Lead and present new packaging ideas, concepts and design ideas
• Evaluation, recommendation and selection of new packaging materials and concepts
• Assessing complex problems relating to materials, recommending and implementing solutions
• Write test protocols, perform technical evaluations and submitting technical assessment reports to justify the use of selected materials.
• Write Technical Specifications
• Establish priorities to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates
• Ensures cGMP and regulatory compliance are met
• Ensures that change control procedures are followed working with QA and
Regulatory to implement changes
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams (i.e. QA/QC, Supply
Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and
• Master’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience
• Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of directly related experience
• MS in packaging engineering, design engineering or another engineering discipline
• 5+ years of packaging materials experience with 3+ years within the Pharma/Bio industry
• Experience in sustainable packaging design
• Independent thinker with demonstrated skills
• Working in teams or leading project teams
• Problem solving / creative thinking skills.
• Comfortable in a production environment
• Not afraid of hands-on work
• Ability to see the bigger picture and at the same time understands the importance of detailed documentation
If you are interested in the above description, apply with your CV
PS: Did you also know that we offer an attractive referral scheme? For more information, please contact Selin Ozbeden on +31 (0)20 20 44 502