For my client, a biotech company that develops first-in-class small molecule therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases, we are seeking an outstanding operational leader with biopharma/biotech early discovery experience to fill the role of Operations Director to operationalize and oversee the laboratory at the Bioinnovation hub in Leuven.
S/he will work closely with the Chief Scientific Advisor, to manage operational aspects of research activities, including hiring colleagues, building out laboratory facilities, ordering equipment and maintaining service contracts, and manage research agreements, budgets and financial reporting, and other operational aspects of the Leuven site.
· Hands-on management of day-to-day operations in Leuven, with the goal of supporting the scientific staff in advancing early target discovery efforts through target validation, with a focus on goals, milestones and resource management.
· Continue to build the research team in Belgium, including designing lab space, overseeing the buildout, and planning and implementing equipment purchases, installation and maintenance.
· Design and implement operational goals and processes, including data archiving and electronic lab notebook record keeping aligned with their policies, and manage with external partners legal/IP, HR and financial systems and reporting.
Experience & Expertise
· Ph.D. in Neuroscience or related field, with postdoctoral experience and a strong track record of research accomplishments, publications in top tier journals and scientific presentations.
· At least 5 years experience in biopharma/biotech R&D operations, with experience managing multi-disciplinary research facilities and stakeholders.
Please email me you CV and motivational letter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +32 280 88622 or +31 20 204 4502.