One of our biggest pharmaceutical clients is looking for a Medical Information specialist. We are looking for a specialist that is experienced in therapeutic area. The position is a 1-year contract with extension expected and located in Leiden.
- Builds and maintains therapeutic area and product knowledge including knowledge of disease states in gastroenterology, rheumatology, and dermatology.
- Builds and maintains professional expertise in the field of medical information, including knowledge of appropriate industry methods, process, and standards according to industry.
- Manages and contributes to the maintenance of electronic and information management systems used in the MIC (databases, electronic SharePoint, reporting tools) and contributes to the development and update of controlled documentation related to the MIC internal processes.
- Answers medical information requests coming from the clients’ affiliates within a predefined timeline.
- Documents the service requests and their responses appropriately and accurately according to the applicable established procedures using the department’s information management systems.
- Recognizes Adverse Events (AEs), obtains pertinent data, and accurately transmits in a timely manner any reported adverse event to Global Medical Safety (GMS) and the applicable local business partner, according to the established Adverse Event Standard Operating Procedure.
- Develops and updates standard global medical information materials.
- Collaborates with Global Medical Affairs, Rheumatology and Gastroenterology/ Dermatology Franchises, on specific scientific projects and provides support in the development and/or update of materials.
- Assists Medical Affairs Europe (MA Management, Medical Training, Post marketing Commitments and Medical Affairs Research) with in-depth data searches, development and/or update of materials.
- Assists management in improving work- and information flow within and outside the Medical Information Center; provides feedback to the MIC Supervisor/Manager on trends, data display and customer requests that can be relevant for the department or beyond and gives suggestions for improvement of the MIC internal processes.
- You must have a Scientific background.
- A relevant study background (MSc or PhD).
- Must be based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate.
- English at a very good level (Dutch is not a strong requirement).
- Willing to work fulltime.
Project start date:
Short notice preferred
12 months + possible extension / perm
If you are interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation.
PS: Did you also know that we offer a generous referral scheme, because great people know other great people, right?
For further information, please contact Sayf Idais at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at email@example.com