For a leading pharmaceutical company, I am looking for an enthusiastic Logistics Customs Coordinator to become the internal expert on customs & VAT legislation for several sites.
- Coordination and customs technical administrative processing of incoming shipments.
- Organizing and following up on inspections, verifications and audits by FOD Economy with regards to AEOs, “gedeponeerd dossier” and daily customs declarations.
- Classifying and checking documents according to company guidelines.
- Checking, processing and cross-charging incoming invoices.
- Handle necessary administration for incoming narcotics shipments in collaboration with FAGG.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of group results by introducing new ideas and actively participating in improvement processes. Takes initiative to start up and develop new improvement projects.
- Request the necessary CITES and import licenses from the Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC) for incoming shipments with animal content and biological agents.
- Back up for customs team at Geel Manufacturing plant.
- Management and follow-up of all customs related processes:
- Avoid paying import duties, VAT and customs fines by correctly customs clearing with the most favorable customs regimes for incoming goods.
- Customs authorizations, warehouses and stock management of temporarily imported goods and periodically reporting on this to FPS Economy.
- Maintain AEO certification by conducting periodic internal audits and correcting possible deviations.
- Correct implementation of customs legislation in the in-house customs system Porthus for sites Beerse, La Louviere and manufacturing site Geel.
- Internal contacts: has daily contact with internal and external colleagues within global organization for the follow-up and supervision of the work and for providing information, advice and consultation / negotiation.
- External contacts: has daily contact with customers, suppliers, carriers / forwarders, FOD Economy (Customs), FAMHP, FASFC and VOKA for the follow-up and supervision of the work and for providing information, advice and consultation / negotiation. Must have very good contacts with these officials.
- Manage activities that fall under our responsibility of customs representation.
- Providing advice for the entire Beerse site regarding customs and import related questions.
- Bachelor or equivalent through experience.
- Continuous training and education follow to stay up to date with laws
- Practical experience of at least 5 years
- Thorough knowledge of import/export regulations
- Very thorough knowledge of customs regulations
- Very thorough knowledge of VAT legislation
- Knowledge of air, sea, and track freight logistics processes
- Knowledge of dangerous goods IATA, IMCO and ADR
- Thorough knowledge of Global Trade Compliance Standards
- Knowledge of GMP and GDP and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of organization and goods flows between different locations.
- General product knowledge.
- Very good oral and written knowledge of English
- Oral basic knowledge of German and French
- Key user customs software (Porthus)
- Familiar with SAP systems EU2 - Lynx
- Familiar with Ariba payment system
- Familiar with customs systems DBTAR - TARBEL - PLDA and NCTS
- Familiar with current (office) software packages.
HOURS: 40 hours a week
DURATION: 36 months with high chance of extension / starting ASAP
LOCATION: Diegem, Belgium
If you are interested in the above description, apply with your CV
PS: Did you also know that we offer an attractive referral scheme?
For more information, please contact Oliver Holding Fay on +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or email@example.com