At the moment I am looking for a Linux Engineer for one of my biotech clients in Breda. The contract is 1 year to start with, however extension is expected.
You will be responsible for all activities related to VMware & Unix and will play a key role in supporting the Netherlands Manufacturing site as well as incorporating new technologies under the challenge of a complex and fast-changing technology landscape.
- Perform administrative and operational support tasks on VMware and Unix OS platforms.
- Perform operational support as required and systems maintenance in accordance with solutions standard methodologies and Change Management policies.
- Provide technical expertise and improve solutions and resource utilization based on industry standards and global standard methodologies.
- Provides performance analysis and tune systems while utilizing software and hardware tools to identify, analyze, and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting performance
- Contribute to the design, documentation, and execution of disaster recovery activities and associated tests
- Drive continuous improvement in the IS infrastructure processes as well as platform life cycle management in alignment with regulatory and manufacturing requirements.
- +2 years with Red Hat (RHEL) Linux
- Experience with virtualization technologies for a global enterprise, vendor certifications preferred is a plus
- Experience in running and/or administering Unix operating systems
- Scripting and ITIL experience and running regulated systems
- Understanding of operating system and network tools for solving performance issues
- Working knowledge of Clustering and HA configurations
Project Start Date
- Preferably on short notice
- 1 year to start with, extension expected
If you are interested in the above description, please apply with your CV.
PS: Did you also know that we offer a generous referral scheme, because great people know other great people, right?
For further information, please contact Gemma Dozy on +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at email@example.com