We are looking for a Scientist who is motivated to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment. This is for our largest biotech client in Leiden.
You will be working in the Clinical Immunology department, which is responsible for the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials
This is a full year contract. However, over 95% of contracts are extended.
- Design and execute experiments for the development and validation of immunological assays to be used in the analysis of samples from clinical trials.
- long-term life cycle management of the methods he/she is the expert on, together with the key reagents, equipment and data analysis tools required for the assay to be performed.
- Maintain his/her technical edge by following relevant literature and knowledge in the field.
- Remain aware and tackle any assay-related issues and potential areas of improvement in the laboratory
- PhD in biological/medical sciences or equivalent, with strong immunology or virology background
- At least 3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech company
- Extensive, hands-on experience in the development to validation of serology or cell-based assays (ELISA, Virus Neutralization Assays, ELISPOT, Flow Cytometry or similar) according to regulatory standards such as ICH, in a company setting.
- Excellent skills in technical writing
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.