We are searching for a Lab Digitalization Consultant (REMOTE) for a TOP Biopharma client in Leiden, NL!
The Vaccine Generation Department:
The role of our team is the discovery and early development of new vaccines to combat established and emerging infectious diseases. It focuses on the research and early development of groundbreaking medicines against diseases that have a global impact, such as vaccines against HIV, RSV, and Ebola.
You will join an international, fast-paced, and stimulating group of researchers in a collaborative environment. The group is responsible for designing, selecting, producing, characterizing, and testing vaccine candidates. Interaction with other teams and departments, including vaccine development and (pre)clinical immunology, is essential.
As a Lab Digitalization Consultant, your role will be to help us implement new capabilities as part of the ongoing digital transformation of our department and support the daily use and expansion of our current informatics systems as a key user.
You will oversee our existing Electronic Laboratory Notebook (PE Signals) and Sample Management (BSI) systems and identify opportunities for improving user experiences (prepare and present use cases), data structures, and integration with other systems.
Additionally, you will lead the implementation of a registry system for biological entities (Genedata Biologics) and a LIMS system(LabVantage), assuming the role of a business analyst and administrator. Finally, you will act as a key user for laboratory personnel and bridge between corporate IT and vendors.
- Support the implementation of the laboratory informatics systems Genedata Biologics and LabVantage LIMS, focusing on the technical aspects, integration with existing systems and workflows, configuration, and user training
- Business analyst, mapping, aligning, and optimizing digital workflows (from concept to experimental execution to analysis and reporting), gathering and formalizing user requirements
- Become administrator of implemented laboratory information system(s) [PE Signals, IBS/BSI sample management system, Genedata Biologics, and LabVantage LIMS] and further improve workflows, connect data streams, and support software implementations (integrate and interphase existing lab informatics systems/databases)
- Coordinate application support as the primary contact between users, internal IT, and vendors
- Safeguard the quality and accessibility of the data in the laboratory informatics applications
- Communicate with external vendors and service providers
- Provide status updates to stakeholders, including progress on projects, issues, and opportunities
- BSc or higher, in the field of biomedical sciences and/or informatics/data management with a focus on data sciences
- Understand research laboratory processes, terminology, and methods, capable of documenting these as workflows
- Familiar with IT processes like Change, Incident, and Problem Management
- Familiar with state-of-the-art application architecture, technology, and validation
- Expert knowledge of databases and interfacing them (e.g., via API)
- Hands-on experience with:
- Managing user (acceptance) testing
- Data processing and management in the field of life sciences
- Interfacing applications and hardware (communication between applications ELN and LIMS and communication between applications and instruments)
- User management and application administrator role
- Working knowledge of standard IT solutions such as Python, R, SQL, XML, and JSON
- Excellent written and oral (teaching/presenting) communication skills in English to translate IT-related topics to a diverse user base (including laboratory technicians and scientists)
- Experience with working in a research laboratory, preferably in pharma or biotech
- Affinity with rules on data archiving for Biomedical research (QPBR)/FAIR/ALCOA+
- Location: Leiden, NL. Remote working is possible most of the time.
- Start date: September 1st 2022
- Contract: 1 year
If Interested, please send your CV to Isla Littlewood at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 20 20 44 502 for more information.