For one of our big high-tech clients we are looking for a Junior Design Engineer. The role would be for a minimum of 4 months, the company is located in the Amsterdam region.
As a Junior Design Engineer you will support Product Development by working in the lab and assisting with the translation of ideas into workable prototypes.
You work in project teams and are involved in parts of the process, from concept design to production. As you are working with leading experts and lean techniques are consistently applied in the projects, you catch on and learn fast!
- Identification of potential bottlenecks and recommending alternatives according to feasibility of making and testing first prototype and manufacturability of the design
- Assisting in the creation of the prototyping process either by parts, tools, processes or measurements sets.
- Collaborating with the R&D, Tool Shop, and instructing Proto-lab to create prototypes
- Analysing proto production issues, focusing on early assessment of potential manufacturing problems in the future mass production phase.
- Handle product and process parameters which are also recorded in the so-called process requirements.
- Taking part of the responsibility for a certain process or equipment
- Making part of prototypes or the entire prototypes.
- Supporting and advising the development of products and modifications.
You enjoy working in a supportive role where you assist the more senior engineers by taking measurements, supervising the lab and organizing inspection Your enthusiasm makes you a great team member, so you can interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds. Other qualities we ask for are:
- We are open to MBO to university candidates
- +2 years of experience
- Background in Engineering
- Hands-on experience in the lab
- Organizational skills
- Experience with Labview is a plus
- Experience with micromechanics or acoustics is a plus
- Experience with data management is a plus
- Supportive attitude
Interested to know more? Get in contact with Gemma Dozy via firstname.lastname@example.org or +3120 20 44 502.