A Biotech company focused on identifying, exploring and validating personalised cancer treatments, is looking for a Junior Bioinformatician. Are you passionate about actively helping in implementing new personalised cancer treatments alongside accomplished biotech experts? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your knowledge?
As a bioinformatician in myNEO the following responsibilities will be yours:
• Run, monitor and maintain our state-of-the-art neoantigen discovery pipeline
• Research, develop, implement and document new features
• Assess the quality of the pipeline results
• Present your progress and results in a clear and engaging fashion
• Maintain a scientific watch to remain at the cutting edge of the field
• Attend conferences and training workshops to improve your knowledge and to network
We are looking for a full-time junior bio-informatician to join our team with the following profile:
• 0 to 3 years of experience in the field
• Experience in NGS data handling, processing, and analysis
• Experience in variant calling processes is a plus
• Familiar with biological databases design, curation, and maintenance
• Good programming skills (1+ languages Python, Perl, R, C++, Julia)
• Experience with high-performance computing and performance optimisation
• Cancer biology background is a plus (cancer metabolism, tumour genomics, innate immune
• Strong interest in cancer research and personalised therapeutics is highly recommended
• Critical about assessing implications of research and able to convert them into pathway
• Team player who is able to be flexible and work independently What do we offer?
• A competitive salary pay-out
• Flexible working hours and home office 1-2 days/week
• Generous benefits package (laptop, hospital insurance, meal vouchers, bicycle allowance)
• The possibility to grow side-by-side with the company and to get responsibilities from day 1
• Involvement in discussions with highly experienced academics, doctors, and industrialists.
ORGANISATION AND OFFER
The hands-on approach of a young start-up company is omnipresent, and every employee is directly involved in substantial decision making. Therefore, each employee can grow side-by-side with the company and gains responsibilities from day 1.
Working remotely for 1-2 days a week presents no issues. A work hard/play hard balance is endorsed and so flexibility is important on both ends. This is a team of young people that work closely together where open communication is encouraged, and pleasant working relationships are developed.
Please contact for more information by contacting +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or firstname.lastname@example.org