Looking for a Head of Product Development!
- Translation of customer needs and company vision into a comprehensive and staged product roadmap with a thorough comprehension of required technology blocks
- Scouting for novel disruptive technology blocks in and beyond silicon chip, cartridge or optical technology to make our solution future-proof and continuously monitor competition by competitive analyses
- Planning development activities as your second nature and translate your plan in a comprehensive match with the company’s vision and goals. Communicate your plan simple and clear
- Pushing your plans beyond the present and forecast the activities enabling forward-looking budgeting, recruiting and partnering
- Spotting the hiatus in the development plans made in-house and by our technology partner or suppliers
- Getting your hands dirty to implement the development strategy you conceived with the team
- Being on top of our partners, keeping them happy and intrigued to work for us, as that’s the ultimate formula for successful execution on milestones in any collaboration
- Scoping work packages, setting milestones and securely following up on deadlines, both internally as at our technology partner and suppliers
- Controlling the budget of the development activities, assist submission and financial reporting of development activities for grants
- Driving the cogs and BOM estimations and be responsible for longer term cost reduction
- Selecting and coordinate processing and manufacturing activities
- Your Soft Skills, Traits & Competencies You are a hands-on strategic thinker, always one step ahead in the development process. You are genuinely passionate about building a product people eagerly want to use. Your communication on complex technological matter is crisp clear and adjusted to the role and background of the other person within the team. Assumptions and unknowns are your natural
- tools to navigate the white space. You’re in the game. You are a self-starter and expect little steering or follow-up. You under promise and over deliver.
- 5+ years in a leading role focused on product development for complex systems, preferentially with a microfluidic component. In this role you were responsible for building a product roadmap
- Having launched at least 1 products with from concept to product launch and manufacturing
- Hands-on experience of product development in a regulated environment
- Hands-on experience in selecting and implementing a Quality System (from scratch)
- Experience in building and managing a strong technical team
- Experience in building IP as an asset to a company
- Joker: Experience in building technical files for CE certification and/or FDA approval
- Joker: Prior exposure to bio-engineering in studies, previous jobs or self-education
- Joker: you have worked on odor detection or bio-integrated devices
- Joker: you have experience in working in a start-up
- Living Our Core Values You are driven by science and integrity of results is your highest priority. You take responsibility and are held accountable for your own decisions. You challenge and approach others on yours and their failures with respect and thoughtful constructive feedback. You enjoy the high-paced journey of disruption pushing the boundaries of the unknown.
You will be joining as a key member of the team in the Leuven (Belgium) offices that’s the hub for the chip and data R&D, but you will closely work together with our US team that’s focusing on biology R&D.
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or email@example.com.