Belgium-based BioTech that develops biochemical processes using a proprietary Glycoactives platform to produce specialty carbohydrates such as human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) for use in several industries. With 2 HMOs being sold through our partnership with a global ingredient manufacturer, at least four other HMOs in regulatory development and many new products in pipeline.
The Head of New Markets Development is responsible for managing new growth activities in close cooperation with the other members of the management team.
This Head of New Markets Development role is best suited for someone with a strong ownership mentality who can operate, lead and interact with senior management of global corporates. This position requires hands-on implementation and working cross-functionally with operations, food/health science and regulatory to execute on short- and long-term growth initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity to join a global leader in speciality carbohydrates and to take a highly innovative and proven technology and relating healthy ingredients to a global stage.
- Develop core value propositions and drive the go-to-market strategy for the company’s proprietary technologies and product platform
- Generate the commercial strategy through identification, sizing and prioritisation of the most impactful and value creating opportunities
- Establish working relationships and build/deliver effective presentations to brand-owners and potential technology licensees
- Preparation and structuring of project drafts and key contract terms for the development and commercialisation of new products in close interaction with relevant colleagues
- Develop promotional plans, trade spend and work within budget guidelines
- Oversee the planning and execution of marketing events including trade shows
- Become an industry expert, staying on top of the evolving needs and market trends
- Build a commercial organization to support future business growth
- Become member of management committee; maintain close working relationship with the senior business development manager
- Academic degree in biotechnology, food science, bio-engineering or comparable
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience preferably in a high-growth, technology focused B2B company
- Hunter and can-do mentality with proven track record of securing new accounts
- Analytical, attention to detail, versatile and ability to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Familiar with business contracts and cooperation agreements such as JDAs and intellectual property licensing contracts
- Basic insights in food and health science
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fluid environment
- Great relationship-building skills preferably with a network in the global food, biotech and/or pharma industry
- Hours: Full time
- Will require some travel up to 20 to 30%
- Pay: competitive salary package + stock options
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or email@example.com.