The Formulation Scientist is responsible for drug product formulation development projects for new chemical entities in support of (pre)clinical studies and stability studies. Formulations can be either granules, capsules, tablets, solutions, etc. Main tasks include project preparation, execution and reporting. The Formulation Scientist is also responsible for process optimisation & upscaling and he/she will ultimately transfer the developed products to the GMP production area. You work closely together with the Lab Operators and you align with Project Management.
- Providing technical expertise/scientific input on formulation development strategies
- Preparation and practical execution of formulation development projects
- Providing scientific expertise and formulation insights to Core Teams meetings
- Assisting to client meetings to present scientific data in a clear manner
- Writing scientific reports for clients, e.g. formulation development reports
- Drafting work instructions for the Formulation Lab Operators to ensure that work is performed efficiently and in a scientifically sound manner
- Monitoring experiments (e.g. process development, implementation of new formulation techniques) and ensuring complex data are interpreted in a scientifically correct way
- Identifying potential stability and performance issues with prototype formulations
- Streamlining the activities associated with a wide variety of formulation technologies to shorten Formulation Lab turnaround times and improve the quality of formulations being delivered
- Supporting the scale-up of developed formulations and bringing them to GMP manufacturing
- PhD level education in the field of pharmaceutical technology or equivalent expertise; preferable expertise with multiple formulation forms
- Having a degree as Msc. Pharmaceutical Sciences is an asset.
- Flexibility to work in both an R&D and GMP environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing environment with ease
- Work independently or as part of a team, able to stimulate other co-workers
- Able to deliver results within limited time and budget; solution-oriented
- Opportunity to make impact on multiple projects with a variety in formulations and technologies for an international customer portfolio
- Ability to further grow your formulation and project management skills while working within multidisciplinary teams
- A dynamic and flexible environment within a rapidly growing company
- An attractive remuneration package with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers and group/hospitalisation insurance and a bonus system
A leading contract development organisation for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development services.
For more information please contact me at: +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.