Are you a passionate scientist or QC specialist, that is ready for the next step? Currently I am looking for a QC Supervisor – FACS for one of my international biotechnology clients in the south of the Netherlands.
We are open to experiences supervisors/manager, but also to candidates that have limited experience with FACS, or FACS experience that is bit longer ago. The main focus is to find a candidate that would like to go into/continue people management and has GMP industry experience.
** We are open to relocate people from within and outside the EU.
- Under limited supervision directs and supervises assigned personnel and daily activities of the laboratory section to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operations.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for training, new employee orientation, competency assessment and evaluation of staff.
- Perform cell sorting
- Setting up templates for FACS
- Carry out maintenance and quality checks on the equipment
The supervisor is responsible for the management of the team associates, coordinating the daily activities of the team, and optimizing existing techniques as well as developing new techniques.
Specific team leading duties and responsibilities:
- Supervises the day to day production and non-production activities of the local
- Directly monitors the quality of testing services provided by employees under his/her
- Assigns appropriately trained personnel and ensures sufficient number of staff are available to complete the workload.
- Schedules department personnel appropriately to match the demands of the daily workflow
with in the supervised area.
- Provides direct supervision to employees, including assignments, technical and behavioral performance counseling, and troubleshooting.
- Schedules and supervises all non-production activities and obligations of her/his area, such as validations, surveys, etc.
- Provides support as required to the department manager to assist in the fulfillment of his/her responsibilities, including acting as manager, upon delegation, during absences.
- Assures quality and timely performance of both production and non-production activities under supervision.
- Participates in and supports client visits, audits and inquiries, as necessary, to ensure
complete fulfillment of requests and interests.
- Recruits, trains, and contributes to retention efforts of employees.
- Evaluates the performance of employees.
- Works with department manager to establish training plans for the supervised staff.
- Supports the manager in employee evaluations and development plans.
- A completed Bachelors, Masters or PhD education in the field of life sciences, biochemistry, immunology, or a biotechnological direction
- +2 years GMP experience
- Work experience with FACS (can be a bit longer time ago)
- Knowledge of antibodies and protein chemistry is desirable
- Practical attitude - a go-getter mentality
- Strong people management skills
- Good command of the English language in speech and writing
- Preferably September or October, November also possible
- Permanent contract
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV by clicking on the ‘apply’ button. For further information, please contact Gemma Dozy at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at email@example.com