For this Innovative Leading Biopharmaceutical client in Leiden, I am urgently looking for a motivated Scientist within the field downstream process development. You will be part the Drug Substance Development group and develops & characterizes processes for purifying and formulating recombinant viruses from harvest as a vaccine production platform.
- You will represent DSP in multidisciplinary project team(s), being responsible for defining study approaches, in close connection to all relevant stakeholders.
- In order to develop the process, you translate research goals into actions and accomplish the targets by delivering study designs and study plans, analyze data and write or coordinate scientific study reports, all in close connection with the customer.
- Process development consists of a USP and a DSP department and is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform.
- Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production.
- You have a PhD. in a relevant discipline in biopharmaceutical sciences/engineering, biotechnology or chemistry or PDeng.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in the industry.
- You have experience with downstream process development using DoE, ideally with hands-on experience with DSP unit operations like IEX chromatography and UF/DF.
- Experience with scale-up/scale-down of DSP processes
- Both experience with vaccine development and knowledge of GMP are advantages.
- Good communication skills
- Experience with cGMP requirements.
- Preferably experience with Lean/Process Excellence
- Demonstrated communication capabilities and the ability to bridge between production and development and between different development- and production sites
- Data-analysis & report writing
- 1st of November
- 1 year with high change of extension
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below. For further information, please contact Merel van Os at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org